Thursday, April 9, 2020

The bright and the beautiful amidst COVID times - Story #13

Shipra  Baijal nails it when she says that she discovered the 'power' in doing nothing! Not really NOTHING, but just being in the moment, not pushing oneself or getting anxious. If nothing, this COVID time is the best to practice this 'Mindfulness'.  


The Power of Lock down
===================
I was always an overzealous person, running around everywhere, trying to finish the chores and I never sat idle.Well, I got this in genes from my mother, who is still the same. I was always on my toes, ready to do something or other. It continued further after my marriage as my mother-in-law was also hyperactive and still works nonstop.

But it all changed when I started practicing yoga and most importantly-learned to relax and breathe.I am sharing this here because during this phase of lock down , I am enjoying a  new ME,  who is more chilled out, relaxed and cherishes the power of doing nothing. This doesn't mean no work, rather not being overworked and anxious.



Although the lock down is a challenging phase but having more time with family and kids is rejuvenating. Now, its learning time for kids as they also contribute in the house hold activities. Indeed, my husband struggles to manage between Work From Home and Work For Home. Among all this chaos, I feel I am blessed, to have resources at hand and family at home.

The Lock down Phase will surely get over in a few days, but we will only be able to overcome it swiftly, if we learn to accept the challenges,that it brings along with it. For me the power of lock down is redefining myself by slowing down the fast pace of life, where we can just chill and relax and TAKE LIFE AS IT COMES .... ONE STEP AT A TIME !!!!

-Shipra Baijal

No comments:

Post a Comment